Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Linking sport literacy to physical literacy

I have proposed sport literacy as a contemporary interpretation of learning in, through and about sport for physical education. The PHE Canada website and Twitter provides very good background information and ideas for the application of physical literacy to fundamental sport skill development for an 'active start'. Mandigo and Holt have linked physical literacy to TGfU as games based literacy. I suggest the next step is to link physical literacy to sport literacy for active engagement in sport. I have published one conceptual paper on this idea at the ACHPER International Conference, 2009. The conceptualisation of sport literacy is a cornerstone of my soon to be completed PhD. While I have made some references to sport literacy in the recently released Play with Purpose Edition 2 (2010), watch out for more detail during 2011 once my PhD is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment